.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

8.25.2005

New Beginnings

So I finished posting the emails from the time in Tanzania, all of which are below. Next week I move to a new city to start a Master's Program in Public Health. I have conflicting feelings about it; I am excited to live somewhere new and be a student and an American, but I'm going to miss the spareness of my life in Africa. I have to find a balance between doing things that only benefit myself, like making my apartment nice and cooking and shopping, etc. and the things that really matter.

What I'm hoping is that even if no one reads it, this blog will be a place where I can hash out ideas. I want to think about how and why the world allows millions of people to live with standards of living that are totally unacceptable. What strategies might provide a way forward. And how, as an American and a private individual, to lead a life that is moral and geared towards "pragmatic solidarity" with the poor. We'll see how it goes.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Free Counters
Hit Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?