.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

12.29.2005

Everything Relaxed

I've been on vacation for almost two weeks, and just let everything go. I've been following the example of our black and white cat--sleeping in, eating when I feel like it, lazing around the house, letting my whole body go as limp as a noodle. I've relaxed in some other ways too--driving everywhere, buying things at regular stores, only reading the Washington Post. Who knew it would be so easy to take a vacation from my principles?

I spent a lot of time with one of my friends from way back, which reminded me that the good thing about having friends from forever ago is that you don't have to be 'on' to be with them, you don't have to be anything but yourself. And with my family even more so--I can unselfconsciously be the same dorky kid I've always been. It's great to meet new people and to be surrounded by unfamiliar faces, but it's also pretty great to be home and to remember what I'm like when I'm totally comfortable.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Free Counters
Hit Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?