.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

3.10.2006

Back to the World

So Emily's worldview has been, er, narrowed lately, restricted mostly to computer screens, lecture halls, committee meetings, readings, etc. I did manage to work ahead and fit in a rock concert (awesome show--The Strokes) and a few hours of socializing, but wow. Today is the first day of my great spring break, which I will be spending in Ireland with two dear friends. I went out shopping for rainproof things last night, and wandering around the travel store made me really miss being on the road and embarking on daily adventures.

Fortunately, one of the things I have been working so frantically on is a proposal for my summer research, which has been accepted on all sides. I will be spending 10 weeks this summer in Western Kenya, working with an international aid agency that provides antiretroviral therapy to people living with AIDS! Specifically, I will be looking at ways to better connect pregnant women who come in for routine antenatal care with HIV testing and treatment if they need it. The project is perfect, it's my life's passion and a perfect next step for me.

And from there I will go to Australia for a whirlwind vacation with my family. So by August, I will have been on four continents and literally have traveled around the world. And I am so lucky for it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Free Counters
Hit Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?