.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

5.18.2006

Plea

I try to avoid doing this on the blog, but I'm desperate to find some way to help my friend finish his school. He is Tanzanian and I met him when his mother hosted me in Tanzania for three months in 2005. His father died about 10 years ago, and his mother was one of three wives. A sponsor brought him to Quebec, Canada and enrolled him in an English-language private school (Isaya doesn't speak French). He just completed the equivalent of his high school junior year and wants desperately to finish his school outside of Tanzania, because the education system is much better here. Getting him to Canada was very difficult and took a lot of sacrifice on the part of his family. Now there is a serious drought in Tanzania and the economy is suffering; as a result, Isaya's mother can't afford next year's school fees.

He needs US$4,600 by May 24 to pay the rest of his school fees for his last year. The sponsor is hosting him at her house and he has a job to make his own pocket money. I have already explored every other option for him--moving to an English-speaking part of Canada to attend public school, coming to America, trying to get a loan--this is the only feasible way for Isaya now to finish his education and not get sent back to Tanzania. I am trying to get the school to lower the fees and I'm in contact with some local charities where he is, to lower the cost. If you have any leads at all on who can contribute anything, please let me know by email or by commenting here.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Free Counters
Hit Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?