.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

6.10.2006

More mundane

So I realize that in my dispatches I tend to forget to include the more mundane aspects. So, in addition to the fun and exciting adventures I've been having:

I fell down (yes, again) and scraped my knee and so now have a big scab that everyone seems to need to comment on.

I have to buy a new toothbrush because of an encounter with my old friend, the African cockroach.

When I got on the bus to Kisumu, they had some security officers with handheld metal detectors. Since I am carrying laptop, camera, taperecorder, cellphone, and various plug convertors, I set it off about 14 times. However, since I am also trying not to look like The Perfect Robbery Victim I declined to open my bag in the middle of the bus station, and so just whispered in the guard's ear what each beeping was and asked her to believe me that they weren't weapons. She did.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Free Counters
Hit Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?