.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

2.23.2007

Deciding

Despite being so enthusiastic about the offer (I went out and celebrated the same night I got it), I wanted to be absolutely sure when I said yes. So I spent the next day talking to the people who would find something wrong with it: my academic advisors, career services people, my family, a few of my most trusted friends. They each walked me through it in their own way, asked all their questions, and reflected back what they knew about me. Each time, when I explained, I tried to make it sound like a decision I was agonizing over, but they all saw through me. All of them, even my parents (once I convinced them that I would be coming home to visit every year), agreed it was perfect for me and I would be crazy not to accept it.

Tonight I said "I accept" and bounced around the house for joy.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Free Counters
Hit Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?