.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

2.22.2007

Dream Job

I'm giddy. Yesterday, I got offered my dream job. It's in Tanzania, with a community-focused NGO, doing HIV prevention and care and treatment in 10 communities. It's like what I was doing before except with an HIV focus, more resources, more experience, and more autonomy. The organization has offices in the US, but they want the person in Tanzania to develop the programs and move the organization forward. So they're turning the reins over to me and putting faith into me that I won't ruin everything they have already worked so hard for. They say they're excited about me, but they can't be as excited as I am about them. It seems improbable that your whole life could change in the span of a few days. But it's perfect and I'm happy happy happy.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Free Counters
Hit Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?