.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

1.22.2008

At home







The cast of characters at home includes Butch, the Vicious Puppy, Julius, the Gentle Guard, and Glory, the Best Friend. We also have a rotating cast of visitors including my friends from back home, Glory's friends from church, Julius' friends from who knows where, and some stray cats that Butch gives what for.

The house is very comfortable. Three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living room, and a kitchen; hot water and a big tank so that we are not subject to water shortages (just power outages). It's pretty much all furnished now, including a vanity for Glory and a reading table for me. We cook and eat and watch DVDs or read or talk. Sometimes I play with Butch until I get tired of being savagely mauled. Recently, Julius and I have been transferring the plants to new pots, a fun project that involves getting muddy and fending off Butch attacks. Sometimes, though, I am exhausted from work and fall asleep without showering, my dirty feet hanging off the edge of the bed. I wake up at some point to turn off the light, and then the next morning when light comes through the window.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Free Counters
Hit Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?